Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Possible Repertoire for Funerals

I posted a few weeks back about a funeral I played for at church and the fact that I was interested in hearing about funeral repertoire books used by other church pianists. Well this afternoon I opened an email from Sheet Music Plus introducing some new piano releases, and what did I discover but this book:

What Can I Play for Funerals arr. by Cindy Berry

I have used other music composed by Cindy Berry in the past, and have been pleased with the variety, the accessibility, and the response I have gotten from the congregation. It certainly looks like a book to check out!

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite books of hymn arrangements is "Abide With Me: Funeral Hymns Arranged for the Church Pianist" compiled by Michael Thomas. Although the arrangements are rather short (most are just 2 pages in length), the arrangements are lovely and the book contains many old hymn favorites. Oddly enough, I actually use these arrangements for regular church services and weddings, too. They are just so pleasing to the ear that I think they work for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joy- this book looks great! I may have to include it in a music order sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete