Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Positive Report on Student's Metronome Struggles

Last week in my follow-up posting about metronome use I shared a lesson where I had this very fact quite realistically demonstrated to me by one of my students.

Well, I'm happy to report that this week's lesson was a complete success! My student arrived and immediately played the song- with pretty near perfect rhythm! And when I asked if metronome practice had been part of the weekly practice, they replied in the affirmative.

If you're like me, each week of teaching provides enough moments when you're about to tear your hair out that one success like this is worth talking about! I was greatly encouraged to see that student had not only followed directions, but had worked hard at fixing the problem. Wish more of my students followed this example!

No comments:

Post a Comment