Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Ending the Summer Term on a Good 'Note'

This past Saturday, as a final summer activity, I took 5 of my available students to a local nursing home for a mini-recital. They each played between 2-4 pieces. We picked a variety of solo pieces, duets with the teacher, and even had two siblings play a round together! What fun!

After the performance, I played some music while the students made cards to hand out to the residents, thanking them for listening to the performance. I even got a card as well! ;)



This was our first trip as a studio, and I'm looking forward to making it a regular activity in the upcoming terms.

(the clearer pictures are thanks to a parent- my own pictures turned out rather dim and blurry as you can see at the end of this set of pictures)










10 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I am also a music teacher who gives private lessons, so I will really enjoy learning from your experiences. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I just got back from vacation, and finding your comment was a wonderful little 'welcome home' surprise!I'm glad you find my blog a helpful resource.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your article is very informative for me.
    As a reputed moving company, we are dedicated to providing reliable and timely services to each customer. Looking for moving relocation services? then visit prestige moving company

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for writing such an informative article. This was really helpful. It was good that you mentioned best moving companies and movers Dallas Tx. They provide amazing services when it comes to relocating or moving out of Dallas Texas! They are the best moving companies Dallas and competitive team of individuals I have seen so far!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this valuable information with us. this was really helpful. If you anyone want to learn piano then contact Shad Music Academy

    ReplyDelete