Thursday, March 3, 2011

Question of the Week: Feb. 28, 2011

Time flies! We're already into March. Last week's question resulted in some excellent discussion on adult students. Thank you so much for everyone who shared their advice on their experiences.

This week, I'd like to focus on another issue that I find myself struggling with from time to time (no pun intended ;) ) in my studio: time management! I teach lessons back-to-back and sometimes it's really hard to cut off lessons the minute that particular student's time slot is up. If I go over, I give the next student their full allotment of time, but usually this finds me getting behind before too many lessons have gone by- ugh! :(

I have more questions along this line- but for this week just want to focus on the issue of lesson length. Any teachers out there have advice on how to try and keep lessons the proper length without running progressively later and later?!

No comments:

Post a Comment