Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday Morning Surprise

During our churches' morning music rehearsal prior to the service, I was approached by our church secretary and informed that I had been given a RAISE! I had heard rumors of this from a member of our personnel committee a few months ago, but with no follow-up conversation I had figured that it wasn't going to happen.

I don't do my church job for the money. I love the opportunity and privilege of leading in worship every week, I love being able to interact with the choir, I love the church and the fellowship. The salary I receive is just extra.

But to me the raise signifies that what I am doing actually has significance- that I'm making a difference in the worship at Springfield and that people are noticing and care enough to let me know I am appreciated, valued, and an asset to the church community. It's also instilled in me a fresh commitment to making sure I am continuing to pursue excellence in all my musical endeavors at Springfield Presbyterian Church. Here's to a great year as church musician!

No comments:

Post a Comment