Wednesday, July 27, 2011

New! Teacher Resources Page

It's finally up! I hinted last week that I might be compiling a teacher resources page to put up on my blog. As a teacher, I am always looking for good sites that offer free resources as well as items that I need for various musical projects at inexpensive prices. I've come across a few really wonderful resources over the past few years of teaching, and wanted to share them for the benefit of other teachers.

I don't want my list to stay it's current length though! It's my goal to continue to grow the list as I discover new resources- whether through my own research or from the input of other teachers. So...please check out the list and let me know if there are any sites I might have missed!

I hope you enjoy this new blog resource :)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for these! I'm especially enjoying Inside Music Teaching - their Practicopedia book has me really curious. Might have to get a copy of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara- You're very welcome! Let me know if you do end up buying that book- I'd love to hear what you think (I found it intriguing as well).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two more of my favorite sites that I visit regularly for piano teaching tools are Pianimation (formerly Jen's Piano Blog) and Susan Paradis.com. Both have a wealth of free printable piano games and activities.
    I look forward to browsing through Inside Music Teaching more. Thanks for the compiling this list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi, That's an interesting thought. I have both of those websites on a sidebar- "Great Pedagogical Blogs and Resources"- and was looking to make this page more a source of sites that were less blog-related, but as I agree that both those sites do offer a wealth of resources I might consider double-listing them. Hmmm! Food for thought. Thanks for the suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete