Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Furthing Ones' Musical Education: The National Music Certificate Program

I've been doing some research into continuing education classes available for music teachers. I've been operating my studio for 5 years now, and am finally getting to the point where I'm moving beyond the ebb and flow of beginner/elementary students, and starting to have a solid base of intermediate students. Since this is new territory, I've been searching for options to get more knowledge on how to approach this particular level of student.

There are several programs and websites I'm looking into, but the one that has caught my attention recently is the National Music Certificate Program. While the program offers testing for students of all ages and levels, they also offer teaching and performing certificates. I'm really interested in pursuing this option.

Has anyone else ever enrolled students in this program, or have you ever taken exams through the program yourself? I'd love to hear your feedback on the program!

No comments:

Post a Comment