Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Ending the Summer Term on a Good 'Note'

This past Saturday, as a final summer activity, I took 5 of my available students to a local nursing home for a mini-recital. They each played between 2-4 pieces. We picked a variety of solo pieces, duets with the teacher, and even had two siblings play a round together! What fun!

After the performance, I played some music while the students made cards to hand out to the residents, thanking them for listening to the performance. I even got a card as well! ;)



This was our first trip as a studio, and I'm looking forward to making it a regular activity in the upcoming terms.

(the clearer pictures are thanks to a parent- my own pictures turned out rather dim and blurry as you can see at the end of this set of pictures)










3 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I am also a music teacher who gives private lessons, so I will really enjoy learning from your experiences. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I just got back from vacation, and finding your comment was a wonderful little 'welcome home' surprise!I'm glad you find my blog a helpful resource.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you


    Best Piano Movers

    ReplyDelete