It's been a great week in my studio! I am so blessed with the students God has given me to teach, and while there are definitely good weeks and bad weeks, I can say without a doubt that I feel blessed to be a teacher. :)
Here are some of the reasons I'm doing a little happy dance this Friday afternoon:
1. I started 2 new students this week, and I can already tell that they are going to be wonderful additions to my studio!
2. I saw a positive response to a "you need to buckle down" conversation I had with a student last week. She came back this week and the difference was obvious- I was so proud of her for putting in the effort!
3. A student who's always been wishy-washy about practice is experiencing a practice revolution and exhibiting a much better attitude toward practice over the week.
4. Several students who are being diligent in memory work and asking about the upcoming recital because they're excited about performing!
5. Hearing about a performance given by one of my students at a Good Friday service at church (a student who is normally very shy about performing and has never been super enthusiastic about music/lessons in general).
6. Several encouraging messages from parents.
This was just what I needed to get back into the swing of things after our studio spring break! Have you felt especially blessed by certain students/parents recently?